

Photo via revolveclothing.com
Going into Operation Spring Wardrobe I have to admit that I'm a little wary about my search for the floaty and feminine fabrics. I really do like them, I just often feel that their girliness is pushed beyond it's limit in too frilly designs and paired with more florals and pinks and all. That's not to say that the uber girly can't be done right, it just often isn't, in my opinion.
This skirt, however, is the perfect lace skirt. I love that the lace is sort of imitating the bandage style here, and the body conscious cut keeps it from being to frilly or fussy. Up close, you can see that the skirt has great texture. Now, my first instinct with any high waisted skirt: pair it with a tucked in tank and a long necklace. Cute, but not terribly interesting. What I think this skirt really needs is a slouchy tee with a pop of color, giving its girliness a little casual cool.


This shirt is also Free people. I'm really digging the saturated blue and the little lace details on the back. I'm not sure about the elasticized front bottom seam though. And I thought "If I decide to spent $78 on this skirt, I'm not going to spent a similar amount on the top." So it was off to Forever 21.

This top does animal print just how I like it, in an unnatural color and in a casual way. The shape of the t shirt is perfect, I love the little rolled sleeves.

I've actually had my eye on this one for a while, I love the boyish shape and the washed out stripes.
I may need to start a "Free People lace skirt" saving jar or something, because I'm rather in love with this outfit! I think I might go with the cheetah top to throw a little funk into the mix, and I would wear my go to pick for casual shoes in the summer: gladiators. And hopefully a cool pair of sunnies!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are my favorite!